- Model Number PCVFL-1
- Visual Range up to 5 km (3.1 miles) in both multimode and singlemode fibers
- Optical Output: 0dBm red laser at least 1 mW red laser
- CW Mode – 15 hours use on one 9v battery
- Pulsed Mode – 120 hours use on one 9v battery – Pulsed at 6 Hz w/12.5% duty cycle
- Low battery indicator
- Handheld /Lightweight 6 ounces
- Dimensions 4.94 x 2.75 x 1.28 in
Typical battery life in CW mode is 15 hours, and the short 12.5% duty cycle in pulsed mode extends the battery life to 120 hours of continuous use.
Unlike standard light pens, the PCVFL precision-coupled visual fault locator (VFL) is optimized for fiber optics. An optical ball lens placed near the laser output focuses the red laser light for optimum coupling into optical fibers (often most pen-style laser pointers do not have this feature), and special electronics prevent the red laser from burnout (a common problem with pen-style red laser pointers), increasing the life of the VFL.
The PCVFL ships standard with a 2.5mm universal connector port.